The Versatile Blogger Award
Upon returning home from gallivanting around Europe (or more literally, eating my way through France and Spain, which is the only real way to get to know a country) you might expect me to make my first post about a foreign adventure. Well, my friends, as you can quite clearly tell from my sense of humor, I thrive off of randomness. So, in keeping with the trend of being predictably unpredictable, I first must share with you the very pleasant and very unexpected surprise that awaited me when I arrived home. When I checked my WordPress notifications yesterday morning, I came across a nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award, for which I have Dave Cenker @DaveCenker to thank.
Naturally, I assumed that there was some sort of mistake, since the only thing I’ve ever won in my life was a 10 dollar gift certificate to a frozen yogurt place (which I’m very proud of, by the way) and since Dave seems to normally have impeccable judgment. So, as an upstanding WordPress Citizen, I decided to
come clean and admit there was a mistake immediately accept the award and share my seven fun facts before anyone could say anything about it.
First, let me say that Dave is one of the best bloggers WordPress has to offer. If he hadn’t been nominated already, he would be at the top of my list for this award. His endlessly profound and provoking posts are second to none, and I can’t encourage you enough to check out his blog. (I use the word encourage loosely. That is to say, if I could, I would break into your homes and set his blog as your home page. You would thank me later).
Second, let me say that Dave also deserves thanks not only for the wonderful posts that appear on his blog, but also for being a Superstar Member of the WordPress Community. “What does it take to be a Superstar Member?” You ask. What a wonderfully timed question! There couldn’t have been a better transition to what I was going to say next than if I secretly planted one myself. A Superstar Member is someone who takes the time to be an active and genuine part of other bloggers’ experiences by reading, commenting, and supporting fellow bloggers with wonderful insights and encouragement. He always takes the time to read my posts and write a heartfelt response, and that means the world to me. His comments always put a smile on my face and encourage me to think more deeply. I appreciate Dave’s contributions to my blog immensely, and I am so honored to be part of Dave’s blogging world and to be nominated for this award.
Hold on now, did I just make up a cool name for cool people and try to make it look like I’m a cool club WordPress insider? For your information, yes, yes I did. But you want to be part of the club now, don’t you? Obviously not because I made up a cool name, but because Dave’s in it. Well, guess who else is in this Supertstar category? That’s right. The cool kids below:
My Nominations For the Versatile Blogger Award:
Lindsey from The Day Dreaming, Candy Eating, Red Headed Bookworm for always writing posts that make me smile, and who just started a Spread The Word feature where she highlights other cool bloggers!
Celeste from Honk If You’re Vegan for actively engaging and educating other bloggers on her vegan journey.
Allie from The Nutritional Epiphany for her commitment to leading a healthy and happy lifestyle, and inspiring others to do the same.
Sophie from A Series of Tom Fooleries for never failing to crack me up with her wit.
Mark from 1037 for his always clever, wonderfully crafted images.
Melissa from Melissa Green Blog for her breathtakingly beautiful and inspiring photographs.
Chelsea from Love-Haight Cupcakes for her fun and relatable style.
Simon from Sweetandweak for his completely hilarious and magnificently written posts.
No, I don’t have 15. But quality over quantity, right?
And since you expect me to break the rules, I’m going to stick with them and write the seven facts that are required of the recipient of this nomination:
Seven Things You Might Not Know About Me And Are Probably Glad You Didn’t:
1. I randomly break into different accents halfway through conversations with friends and family. Many of them are variations on English and Southern accents.
2. I’ve seen Zoolander approximately 15 times. And I know every line. Every. Line. (In fact, the title of this post is a quote from Zoolander and only serves to prove that I can connect anything to some sort of movie/comedian/song quote. It’s a gift. And a curse).
3. I speak Ubidubi, the language of the old TV show Zoom, fluently. In fact, I’ve been speaking it for so long that I have come up with my own accidental dialect that only my brother and few friends understand.
4. The best way to make me laugh is to put me on a speedboat. I laugh uncontrollably at any motion that mimics waves; even sitting in a bouncy house while other people hop will do it.
5. Books that I consider Beach Reads (primarily because I read them on vacation…and on the beach) include Zoobiquity, Social Intelligence, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Of Mice and Men.
6. My cursive is so bad that unless I write at an unnaturally slow speed, I will invariably misspell my own name because my hand isn’t coordinated enough to keep up with what squiggle it should be on.
7. I once cried while watching Winnie The Poo (It was the scene where he’s trying to use a balloon to get honey in a tree, and the bees pop it and he falls. Apparently I was worried that Poo was hurt, and I officially made myself the only child to have ever taken the cartoon that seriously).
Oh, and in case you were wondering, I am as versatile as Zoolander’s faces. And don’t you ever forget it!